DAWN Commission, on Tuesday, 5th October, 2021 convened a virtual meeting of critical stakeholders on Agricultural Transformation and Food Security in Southwest Nigeria.
The Director General of DAWN Commission, Mr. Seye OYELEYE, in his introductory remark stated categorically that the project is of utmost importance, based on current occurrences like climate change, hike in food price, unemployment and the need to promote agricultural investments in the Southwest Region of Nigeria as an agro-ecological and geographic location.
The project aims to achieve the following:
• An evidence based framework to drive government-enabled, private sector-led value chain development;
• Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) and agro-ecology as important production options;
• Job creation and export promotion;
• Increased intra/inter states and Africa trade in agricultural value chains; and
• Models that create opportunities for actors (especially women and youths) at all levels of agricultural value chains (especially prioritized value chains).
The meeting had in attendance the nominated committee members; Dr. Sade Taiwo, Mr. Jubril Gbajabiamila, Prof. Oluwasemire, Mr. Dauda Ladipo, Prof. Sidi Osho, Mr. Gabriel Okeowo, Mrs. Funmi Eyeoyinbo, Mr. Sola Fagorusi, Mr. Tobi Adama, Dr. Olawale Olayide, Mr. Mogagi (African Farmer), Mr. Bunmi Ajilore, Mr. Akinbowale Showemimo, Mrs. Tolu Fawaz, Prince Adetayo Adeleke-Adedyin (DAWN Commission), Dr. Soji Farayibi (DAWN Commission), Dr. Bamidele Adedeji (DAWN Commission), Dr. Bolaji Obisesan (DAWN Commission), Motunrade Adegbite (DAWN Commission)