A 5-hour meeting and brainstorming session was held on Thursday 16th December, 2021, at DAWN Commission with the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Agro-Allied Value Chain – Mr. Dolapo Bright. The meeting was an hybrid with key players in the Agricultural private sector and farmer groups participating both physically and virtually.
The Southwest Agricultural Stakeholders meeting was aimed towards charting a course for Agricultural Transformation in Southwest Nigeria as well as identifying how the SW states can tap into Agricultural resources available at the federal level.
- DAWN facilitating, coordinating and showcasing promising agro-based growth strategies;
- Designing an evidence-based framework to drive government enabled, private sector-led value chains development as the main growth driver of the agricultural sector;
- Creating, sharing and using knowledge and information on Western Nigeria agriculture value chains (“Knowledge Management”)
- Infrastructure and risk mapping of agriculture ecosystem;
- Identifying business models that stimulate markets and create opportunities for different actors (including women and youths) at all levels of agricultural value chains (especially prioritized value chains);
- Leveraging more inclusive platforms for linking agriculture to manufacturing (small, medium and large players) and stimulating job creation and skills development; and
- Enhancing Intra/inter States and Africa Trade in agricultural value chains.
• Mr. Taiwo Adedeji (IAR&T Animal Genetics and Cattle Ranching) and many others who attended virtually.